Loving God. Loving People. Making Disciples In Adelaide’s North.
Jesus is at the centre of everything we do and we love talking about him.
That’s why we are excited to apart of (and the fruit of!) a church planting network that seek’s to make disciples of Jesus all over Adelaide.
Where we came from
In 2010, Trinity Church Modbury was a new church planted by Trinity Church Adelaide. During its launch, Trinity Church Modbury hoped and prayed that God might use this new plant to further God’s mission beyond itself. Six years later, Trinity Church Golden Grove has started with a group of people sent out from Trinity Church Modbury to start a church community in Golden Grove. Trinity Church Golden Grove started in March 2016 and has been faithfully loving God, loving others and loving our community as we continue to gather each week to open the Bible, teaching faithfully and celebrating the gospel of Jesus.
In response to God’s grace, the Trinity Network exists to plant a growing and healthy network of disciple-making churches and ministries across Adelaide and South Australia and to send disciples into the world, for the glory of God.
Trinity Church Golden Grove is part of the Trinity Network—a growing network of churches that work together to reach Adelaide and South Australia with the good news of Jesus Christ and the call to follow him.
Origins of the Trinity Network
The Trinity Network has its origin at Trinity Church Adelaide.
Trinity Church Adelaide was established in 1836 as the pioneer church for the new colony of South Australia, and is closely associated with the early history of the state.
The Rev’d Charles Howard, an Irishman from the Diocese of Chester, travelled to South Australia on HMS Buffalo and commenced duties as the first Anglican minister. He brought a prefabricated church building funded by the South Australian Church Society, but having suffered damage on the voyage, it was useless. He had to use temporary facilities for some time. The South Australian Church Society received the right to a Town Acre from Mr Grenfell and the foundation stone of the permanent building was laid by Capt. John Hindmarsh, South Australia’s first governor, on 26 January 1838.
Since that time the site at the corner of Morphett Street and North Terrace, Adelaide, has been the venue for an uninterrupted Christian ministry to the greater city of Adelaide.
While Trinity is thankful to God for its past, the focus of its vision is to the future. In the 1990s, Trinity Church Adelaide decided that planting new congregations across Adelaide was the best way of reaching new people. As a result, multiple churches have been planted since then.
The Trinity Network includes:
- Trinity Church Adelaide
- Trinity Church Aldgate
- Trinity Church Brighton
- Trinity Church Campbelltown
- Trinity Church Colonel Light Gardens
- Trinity Church Golden Grove
- Trinity Church Lockleys
- Trinity Church Modbury
- Trinity Church Mount Barker
- Trinity Church Pooraka
- Trinity Church Tonsley
- Trinity Church Unley
- Trinity Church Victor Harbor
- Trinity Church Woodcroft
Plus, we also have an online gathering for those that can’t meet with us in person.
Visit www.trinity.network to learn more about the Trinity Network.